WHO CAN VOTE?
- A Seguin property owner AND their spouse.
- A person who rents property in Seguin (for 6+ weeks in 2018) AND their spouse.
- You can vote in each municipality in Ontario where you own or rent property.
- Only Canadian citizens, 18+ years old.
- You can give a proxy to a family member to vote for you.
ARE YOU ON THE VOTERS’ LIST FOR
THE OCTOBER 2018 ELECTION?
- Voting Methods: For 2018, voting will be exclusively by telephone or online.
- Why register on the Voters’ List? You must be registered on the Voters’ List in order to vote in the October 2018 election.
- When to register: NOW! We highly encourage you to check your and your spouse’s status NOW on the Voters’ List, and if necessary register.
Here’s how to check if you’re registered: Note this is a very quick process!
- Get your tax bill – are you listed on it as an owner? If yes, continue. If no, see the Here’s how to register section below.
- Go online here.
- Enter your property tax Roll Number. (Tip – numbers only. Do not put in periods, spaces or dashes between the numbers)
- Enter your name, birthdate and follow the prompts.
- You can also confirm your spouse’s voter registration status in the same session, without having to re-enter the Roll Number.
Here’s how to register: If your name is not listed on the tax bill but you are the spouse of the owner, or you are 18+ years old and you or your spouse rented a Seguin property for 6+ weeks in 2018, you are entitled to register to vote. Call MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 and they will be able to add you to the Voters’ List.
Here’s what you’ll receive: Once the final Voters’ List has been created you will be mailed (to your permanent address) a Voter’s Package containing registration and PIN numbers. It will also contain instructions for voting by telephone and online.
CHECK TODAY TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN VOTE THIS OCTOBER!!!